مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : The whole thing must go in English here

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
10-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Practice makes perfect, doesn't it? Yes, it does. We have a golden chance to practise speaking and writing together in our wonderful forum .This page is allotted for free discussion , but the whole thing must go in English. Who will take the lead??

Essam Wahba
10-07-2009, 01:03 PM
First of all, I'd like to thank Mr. Essam for this great suggestion. This forum is the right place for free discussion among teachers . I think this post should be sticky so that it won't be displaced by more recently posted items. Thank you again, Mr. Essam

Despite the importance of teaching English in our schools, the reality of English teaching in Egypt is incredibly shocking. It is true that the new English syllabuses are somewhat good. But a serious problem remains. In my humble opinion, all attempts and efforts made to raise the standard of English teaching in Egypt will meet with failure until we raise the standards of our teachers of English. How can we ask a teacher to develop in his students the ability to use the language communicatively and creatively when he or she is unable to form even one correct sentence? This is the awful truth, however much we try to ignore it by burying our heads in the sand just like ostriches.

Am I exaggerating? Unfortunately not. Even when we do have good teachers, they are often faced with difficulties and obstacles such as crowded classes and lack of facilities, which finally bring about complete failure. Moreover, the purpose of teaching a foreign language is, in most cases, to prepare students for the final exam, hence attention is only given to the written aspects of the language. Speaking, listening and pronunciation are regrettably ignored. Gentlemen, the painful fact is that we are now teaching English the same way we teach biology or history. The expected outcome will be deplorable

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I see eye to eye with , Mr. Essam Wahba. The fact that our students are exam-oriented makes us confess that we don't teach students English in the real sense of the word, but we do teach them how to get the full mark in the English exam. Most students as well as a considerable number of teachers are tongue-tied. They can't speak English fluently. It is true to fact that if the teacher is not well-equipped , his clients - I mean his students - are unlikely to be good at the subject he or she teaches. Every cask smells of the wine it contains.

mr. Hamdy
10-07-2009, 02:15 PM
First, i would like to thank mr. Essam for this great idea that will make wonderful results for us as teachers of English
Then, i agree with you in your opinion in this bad case in teching of English
in fact, the government must know well that the the teacher is the corner stone of the society , so it must take care of him well and review in his all affairs
most of english teachers and the others of the others subjects spend their time explaining the subject to students all day and night
but
where is their break ? where is their reading time ?
where are many things ?
if the givernment gave him his rights and saved him good acadimies to develop his subject , the students would profit from his science .

Oh Allah , i have many words in this field of talk
but i'm really happy for this idea
again and again
thanks a lot mr. Essam

El Sayed Siam
10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
First, Thanks a lot Mr. Essam Gawish and Mr. Essam Wahba for what you did and do.
Second, I would like to say that the problem of teaching English is great and big, but it is not impossible.
It is not the government's responsibility only, but it's ours also as teachers!!! Why??
Because everyone's task is to get money by any means. He has no time to develop himself (I mean the majority). He has no time to read, to know what's new in the language or how to pronounce any new or old vocabulary!!!!
Try to listen to the pronunciation of the majority, it's completely wrong.
Especially these two letters together (th).
Does this teacher who wrongly speaks or pronounces try to look up the dictionary? Or he doesn't know the voiced or voiceless?
Is it the government here?
I don't ignore the role of the ministry but what the teachers do for themselves like we do here in our forum?
My basic question( How many teachers log on the internet and visit Mr. Essam Wahba"s sites as example?
When I ask anyone to do that, he says (I have no time)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, here is the problem my colleagues.

mr. Hamdy
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
i respect you and your ideas and words mr El Sayed
really, i love you in Allah
and i want to tell you that i agree totally with you my brother in all what you said
human must develop himself by himself
you reminded me of a word
it says that if I want someone to be a true friend to me, I should first be a true friend to him .
you are right mr. El Sayed
happy to read your woeds

H0riz0n
10-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I would like to thank Mr Essam
This is a good way for us to practise English and to develop better English acquisition.

Besides using English in our forum, there is also anther chance - most of us ignore or neglect. It is using English in classes.

I think fluency needs real situations in which English language is practised in a natural way.
In English Classes, sticking to English during the process of teaching (by both teacher and students) is a good chance for both to develop good speaking skills. This will lead - after sometime - to a degree of fluency.

mr.ahmedabdelwahed
10-07-2009, 04:38 PM
All praise is for Allah for being in such a great forum . I think it is like a fruitful tree that gives its fruits to all, its climbers and waiters. In this sense I threw my all ears at you praying humbly to Allah to get one of its fruits. Hence, I send all my regards to you all appreciating
Mr.Essam s great idea

El Sayed Siam
10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Thank you Mr. Hamdy . So do I

abomotaz
10-07-2009, 04:48 PM
I would like to thank Mr Essam

This is a good way for us to practise English and to develop better English acquisition.

Besides using English in our forum, there is also anther chance - most of us ignore or neglect. It is using English in classes.

I think fluency needs real situations in which English language is practised in a natural way.
In English Classes, sticking to English during the process of teaching (by both teacher and students) is a good chance for both to develop good speaking skills. This will lead - after sometime - to a degree of fluency.

Dear colleagues
I want someone of you to tell me "where can we teach English? Is it at schools where students go there only for meeting their friends or at home where you spoil the language by teaching students only vocabulary and grammar ? "I think it is a big problem but I''m sure that our Ministry of Education is able to solve it if they want . They have a great number of experts who are able to solve any problem of education on one condition , we give them the full chance to do that . thank you. / Mr. Abo Motaz .

Mr. Ahmad Refat
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Thank you Mr.Essam for your wonderful idea which will benefit all of us as teachers of English and I hope in this page we discuss some topics which can raise our standard of English and let us use our English which almost we are going to forget through the way we use it at schools .

Rahalah
10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
My dear friends ,

Al Salamo Alaikom Wa Rahmat Allah Wa barakatoh .

We all agree that we are none native speakers of English, however, we're not far from learning and speaking it natively . Learning the language doesn't stop at borders , I mean if you think you can't learn or speak the language natively because you are not from England or America then you will not learn it . Who has seen the German Ambassador in Cairo talking in Arabic on TV about the pharmacist Marrwa El Sherbeeny ? He spoke the language like an Arab. So if we really want to master the English language we need to love it , spend some time with it , we all spend times with the loved ones, why not with English .

By means of retrieving the English we have stored in our memories, what we all gathered through out all our lives by giving and taking , discussing agreeing or disagreeing in some cases .
One more thing , people abroad think that the Egyptians speak very good English. Is this true ? !

Finally we all need to work on our English . Take for example the suffix –ing /-iŋ/ we put with the verbs how do we pronounce it ? and how do native speakers pronounce it ? .

Good luck for all of you .

مستر وليد السيد
10-07-2009, 06:12 PM
of course, It's a great idea Mr Essam.But still we need to develop the language in the right way .All we can do together now is communicating with each other in writing ?????????? Isn't there speaking ??? Isn't there listening???????

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
10-07-2009, 06:41 PM
of course, It's a great idea Mr Essam.But still we need to develop the language in the right way .All we can do together now is communicating with each other in writing ?????????? Isn't there speaking ??? Isn't there listening???????

Thank you, Mr Walid for everything. Practising writing is better than practising nothing. Let's start with this important skill . I'm sure we will be able to practise speaking soon if we make use of the rooms alotted for presenting interactive learning for our students

islam_forever
10-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Dear colleagues, I totally agree with you all
but what is more important than practising writing skills or structure is that how to speak correctly.
What all of us lack is practising the real English environment.
So I suggest improving and upgrading our dignified web site I mean البوابة to be able to chat with one another
I think that in this way we can perfect our language.
Thanks a lot and may Allah help us all
Yussif Abd el-Atti
Alexandria

abochittah
10-07-2009, 10:09 PM
first It'a great idea of Mr. Gawiish to suggest such a great one a I agree with him practice makes progress

abomotaz
10-07-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm really happy to read all these wonderful comments for some of the most wonderful English terachers in Egypt but in the whole Arab world and I will be fear if I say the best teachers all over the world . best luck and God be with you all . Mr. Abo Motaz]

senior teacher
10-07-2009, 11:46 PM
I`m really happy to be among this group of excellent experts and thank you all for your brilliant suggestions and I agree with you all that what we teach isn`t English. All we do is to show students how to deal with the exam paper. In addition, the kind of students nowadays give us no chance to do what we want inside classes. As you know students attend schools not to listen but because they fear they will be registered in absence paper. So the Ministry of Education should give the school administration great flexiblity to behave these students well to help us do our work properly. Thank you for giving this chance to participate with you all
Best wishes.
Mohammed Hafez

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
10-07-2009, 11:49 PM
THE TRUE MEANING OF HAPPINESS

Happiness is not to have what you like , but to like what

you have.

Being contened is rich enough. I know people who work around the clock

to earn as much money as they can. They deprive themselves of comfort in order

to earn large sums of money every day. They don't have time to practise a useful

hobby or have fun with their children

. Their time is only devoted for making money .

I don't think these people are happy. What is the benefit

of having millions while you don't have time to relax and enjoy yourself? I can

say that such kind of people do worship money! Yes, they do Don't get astonished.

Most of these people are keen on satisfying the people in charge who facilitate matters for them. However, they don't care about gaining the satisfaction of Allah. They may spend all their life without thinking of doing Umra or making Hajj. They may refuse to help poor people lead a decent life while they give parties which cost them millions to satisfy the people in charge.

Mr. Reda Ghaly
11-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Greetings all, all words fall short to express my admiration on seeing this topic. I have asked myself more than once why most of us don't write their posts in English.
I am a secondary school English teacher in Tanta and I just had about an hour persuading one of my close friends to teach in English. I have to say I am probably the only teacher using English to teach English in my school and as you can guess, it's a very frustrating situation here. But, in fact, as soon as I reach home 80 % of my words is Arabic. That's to say I speak English with my students only at school.
Using English seems to be a tough work for some teachers . Unfortunately, it's also the testing system designed by the government that doesn't prioritize the importance of language .

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
11-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. Who is going to take the lead and comment on this statement? Where are the the enthusiastic teachers who love English and want to master it??

Mr.Ayman El Beheiry
11-07-2009, 01:41 AM
first of all ,, I'd like to thank this great and creative teacher Mr. Essam... for his illuminating idea
... In my opinion , the ministry began to pay more attention to how the student benefit from English
they developed the methods and what is required from him to do and notice.\
U know in courses of English ,, they never use the rewrite question , I see it as physics more than English
but the point is this ,,, we must do our rule and make it more effective by using English in the class more and more and as most of my colleagues and teachers said .. we must - I say - we must keep up with the new in English ,,
,May Allah grant our work
Thanx for your time

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
11-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Thank you all for your favourable posts

Mr.Ayman El Beheiry
11-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. Who is going to take the lead and comment on this statement? Where are the the enthusiastic teachers who love English and want to master it??

Love is love.. Love is the master key to happiness .
the more you love , the better life u have
so .. you must be in love with something on the earth
let it be at first place .... the great beloved,, Allah ,
then He will direct you to the thing you need to love
ii think it must be your work ..
the best thing is that you are a teacher of English .
so .... the fact is this ,,,, Love English , the language will love you

سيدصبحى
11-07-2009, 07:14 AM
What can I say after all these fruitful ideas our colleagues had mentioned . I completely agree with what you said and commented . We lack prctising English in real situations , in our daily life because of rushing after money . I'm extremely admirer of Mr. Essam and his effective suggestions . Mr Ismail Eisa , a teacher in a private school in Maadi .

هانى العزب
11-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Dear Mr Essam

Firstly , I'd like to express my gratitude to you Mr. Essam El Gawish for this marvellous idea . I do confess that you are the most innovatve teacher in this forum .Really I'm not good at complementing , but I'm just telling the truth I always belive in . But in my first participaton I'd like to ask; you , Mr Essam : What's your prescription to us to make a balance batween Making money , ralaxing and developing our language . I'm eagerly waiting for you fruitful pieces of advice.

هانى العزب
11-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Sorry : I mean complimenting

Essam ABDOU
11-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Great idea, Mr.Essam El-Gawish,

though in opinion all the stuff concerning English teacher should be in English

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
11-07-2009, 11:58 AM
In the States elderly women always say."My daughter is my daughter all my life, but my son is my son till he has a wife." I think this is true to a great extent. A lot of wives are selfish for they want their husbands to be detached from their families and devote themselves only to them. Brothers may become foes because of the whispers of the devils - I mean because of the devilsh role played by such nagging wives who try by all possible means to detach the husband from his parents and brothers.

There are husbands who work around the clock to provide their children with whatever they need. But when it comes to their parents, you find them penniless! Daughters are not so. What's your opinion? Who will be the first one to comment on this topic? I'm waiting .

احمد العوامري
11-07-2009, 12:11 PM
it's human nature . (possessio)n. There are also men who like to get their wives from their families.

احمد العوامري
11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
the man should be calm with that point

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
11-07-2009, 05:37 PM
To love is nothing. To be loved is something. To love and be loved is everything. Love is kind of mutual relation between you and the person you love. You feel that there is sort of chemistry between both of you.

The highest degree of love is the love for the sake of Allah. You love a person for he or she is obedient to God. You befriend him for you know that he will be a good companion who will never misleads you or instigates you to do anything wrong that displeases Allah. . .

Have you heard of Platonic love? I guess everyone knows this sublime kind of love . It is the love of souls and not bodies. This kind of love remains forever, doesn't it? I wanna see your comments on this topic , please

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
12-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Ten hours have passed since I sent this post and nobody commented on it! Weird, isn't it? Where are my dear colleagues whose comments on the topics I raise for discussion are both favourable and fruitful? I'm waiting for the one who will take the lead

senior teacher
12-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Yes, Love is the real key to happiness. fancy loving all the people around you, you will find yourself loved ,tooand this causes you to be happy.
When you love your neighbours, you won`t get problems from them so you will feel happy. Love other people, smile to them , talk to them in a friendly way, you will find youself happy. In my opinion, with love we can make the difficult easy .we can solve all our problems. we can lead a happy life. we will have peace of mind.
Mr. Mohammed Hafez

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
12-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Yes, Love is the real key to happiness. fancy loving all the people around you, you will find yourself loved ,tooand this causes you to be happy.
When you love your neighbours, you won`t get problems from them so you will feel happy. Love other people, smile to them , talk to them in a friendly way, you will find youself happy. In my opinion, with love we can make the difficult easy .we can solve all our problems. we can lead a happy life. we will have peace of mind.
Mr. Mohammed Hafez

How wonderful you are! You are really a talented teacher for you use simple sentences to convey your smart ideas to us. I wanna see your posts every day, sir. Thank you very much

هانى العزب
12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Dear Mr Essam
I have a complaint to you . I registered in this great forum more than two years ago . I greduated from the faculty ofEducation , Tanta University . I've been working as a teacher for more than 9 years . I got the ICDL

certificate ..I .regulary participate in this great forum and reply to the works of my dear colleagues
after all these things , don't I deserve to be given the title " English Teacher "
Please Mr Essam I'm for changing my title
Yours
Hany Al Azab
English Teacher

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
12-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Dear Mr Essam
I have a complaint to you . I registered in this great forum more than two years ago . I greduated from the faculty ofEducation , Tanta University . I've been working as a teacher for more than 9 years . I got the ICDL

certificate ..I .regulary participate in this great forum and reply to the works of my dear colleagues
after all these things , don't I deserve to be given the title " English Teacher "
Yours
Hany Al Azab
English Teacher

You do deserve this title, Mr Hany for your active role in
upgrading our wonderful forum. Moreover, you are a polite teacher who has never hurt anyone's feelings. I know some teachers who don't respect those who are older and maybe more knowledgeable than them . Of course such practices are put into account when we decide to promote a teacher. Don't worry, Mr Hany. I have just asked the director of our forum to give you the title you really deserve.
Best wishes

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Dear Mr Essam

Yours
Hany Al Azab
English Teacher

Congratulations ! I promised to promote you, Mr Hany, and now I fulfilled my promise.

يسري رمضان محمد
13-07-2009, 01:31 AM
It is said that where there is a will there is a way; so my all dear friends i have a suggestion ,which i think needs your deep consideration.,why don't we set some topics for discussion ?for example some topics related to class management .or new ideas on how to male our students love english

Mohammed Elewa
13-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Thank you all; great teachers. Let's focus on the problems of teaching in our classes and how we can make it fruitful.Some teachers think the great number of pupils in the class hinder the process of teaching in a proper way but i think if there's a good managment there won't be a problem.this is dealing with reality/what do you think to give our opinions in how to teach vocabulary, structure, reading, listening, writing and speaking in a practical way i'll begin with "how to teach vocabulary" and i ask you to give me your feedback
http://www.mediafire.com/?j5ziywxcjyf

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
13-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Discuss any topic you like ;but don't copy even a letter from a reference book. As I said before, this thread is alotted for practising the writing skill. You will never master English unless you practise speaking, reading, writing and listening. I do want you to speak about everything under the sun as language is not limited to classrooms or the problems we encounter in our schools.

مستر محمود عبد العاطى
13-07-2009, 10:44 AM
First: thanks for Mr. Essam for this great idea ,but how we deal with this problem ?
I think the best way is by listening to native speaker this for teachers to improve their English
The second way is how we make oure students accustomed to listen English alot at class &at home
The third is to use tapes at class and make it like a dialogue between the tape and one of the student ,cosquently they will be good at listening .Then the teacher makes them read in the class to correct their mistakes in pronounciation , his reading in class makes them courageous to speak without any fears
finally ,we should think together to improve our English as teachers first ,then our students
I suggest to give lectures in 4 points 1listening 2 reading and pronounciation 3 writing 4 speaking orally with the experts of our forum

mostafa ali zaki
13-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Dear colleagues
This is my first share in your blessed forum
I 've read most of
your participation .you are really outstanding teachers

مستر محمود عبد العاطى
13-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Love is the thing that we can not ignore.To identify love,we should use our sense and feelings.So love is the thing that we can not live without.Life without love is like a conflict between animals.it is the apple of our life.Every person should love his brother to live in peace .From this point , we can say that love is the way to peace,so Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) had taught ust o love each other by saying(you can not be a believer untill you wish what you want to your brother) .Prophet Mohamed made the Muslims of Macaa (The Immigrants brothers,brotherly love, with El Ansar.Now I can say love is my way in life.Love is the thing we can not buy.I think there is something i which s a result of love,it is to sacrifice for the person you love and this the aim of love. To end my words Iwill say that love is love and love is sacrifice.

I want to thank Mr.Essam

emad aly
13-07-2009, 10:01 PM
writing is not real practice.
it is the practice of the week
what do u think?

emad aly
13-07-2009, 10:02 PM
to write is easy
to say is difficult

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
13-07-2009, 10:21 PM
what do u think?

I don't agree with you for writing is one of the four skills of any language. Do you think that anyone can write well without having practice and proper instructions? You should reconsider your point of view because if writing is not a skill, students won't learn it at schools or universities. Didn't you study how to write an essay when you were a student at the Faculty of Education ? I want to see your reply to my question as soon as possible, please.

Essam Wahba
13-07-2009, 10:48 PM
what do u think?

Dear colleague
I do believe that you are mistaken. Writing, needless to say, is a very important skill when it comes to language learning. A person who writes well is, in most cases, capable of speaking the language fluently. The problem in many schools is that writing is often neglected. What makes matters worse is that we, myself included, often give our poor students a few compositions to memorize hoping that one of them will be included in the exam. Isn't that right? vv

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
14-07-2009, 12:07 AM
In every country, there is a party called "The Enemies of Success". The members of this party are malicious guys who feel depressed and gloomy when they see a successful person! They work around the clock to tarnish the image of any positive deed. They look at the society through their dark glasses and never see the bright side of things. They are jealous of those who are cleverer than them. We should do our best to convince such kind of people to change their wrong beliefs and attitudes. By doing so, those people whose hearts are full of hatred will turn into good citizens. I wanna see your comments on this topic as soon as possible

Mr. Ahmad Refat
14-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I do agree with you Mr.Essam . I think these people are there in every place we go. The problem is that they are too many these days. sometimes one begins to think that they are right but when I begin to think well I begin to restore my values and get my principles back.

مستر محمود عبد العاطى
14-07-2009, 03:02 PM
First,I want to thank Mr.Essam for his great ideas that encourage us as his students learn from him.I am very happy to take part in this topic.
The enemies of success are found in every society,so we should work hard and ignore them.They are pessimists people.I advise them to think carefully and let people work without any problems to be useful for our society.They are against success and they always see every thing bad.The enemies of success are expecting every thing bad and unsuccessful.Everyone should not listen to their advice .people sometimes think that the person who advises them supports them,but he does not.So we should think carefully in every advice to know which is useful or not.

نبيل موريس جورج
14-07-2009, 03:33 PM
The Enemies of Success can be found everywhere.I'm n't going to show them up as what I can get back in turn ????In other words ,Instead of cricizing those people ,let's give them some pieces of advice to help them overcome this bad quality .
My advice is that IF you can't help ,don't hinder

هانى العزب
14-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I completely agree with you , Mr. Nabil . Moreover ,I do believe in the Prophetic Hadith Saying , " The Best Person is the one who is occupied with his faults rather than others' faults .Consequntly , I call upon those who are called " Enemies of succes " to try to show us what success they achieved before criticizing successful persons .

حسام طارق
14-07-2009, 08:03 PM
dear colleagues
peace be upon you
i enjoyed all waht had been said about the standard of english at schools but the question is " why do all our students hate ( dislike ) learning english despite the fact that all of them like the french language !
i tried to find the answer but i can't . english is something difficult for the majority of our students
Mr tarek Abd El-sattar - Embaba

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
14-07-2009, 08:52 PM
A custom is defined as a practice followed by people of a particular group or region. In our beloved country, there are lots of customs and traditions. Some of them are unique; others are so bad and need to be changed for they are no longer suitable for our modern life. Customs are supposed to reflect our culture as well as our way of thinking. They give the outside world a true picture of who we are. Therefore, we have to do our best to get rid of the bad customs which tarnish the image of Egypt abroad. I want you to name some of the bad customs that we all want to stamp out

FIRST-1
15-07-2009, 06:42 AM
first : thankyou mr. essam for giving us this chance to practise english with our beloved teachers in our forum

second : I think FANATICISM is the worst custom that happens in our society .
we nolonger discuss our problem truely !!!!!!!!!!!!!
we dont have different opinions but if you dont agree with me , you will be my enemy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so we should listen and undestand before replying . i think we - as teachers- should learn our students how to be tolerant and how to accept other opinions and how to argue????????????????
(i think this topic gives us power for practising english again because teaching curriculum made me lazy many thanks mr. essam ):022yb4:

alshahed81
15-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Of course we have some bad customs such as being negative. Many people are afraid of change and don't have the bravery to face obstacles, so they even laugh at positive people saying they won't reform the universe. Also we speak about the past much more than we think of the future and that makes our progress very difficult. we are also easily attracted to some trifle kinds of consumption such as mobiles, tunes and call tunes.

Nabil kamal Iskander
15-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Many thanks for Mr. Essam Wahba and Mr.SAYED SIAM for their great ideas . But I couldn't agree more with Both of them that we should depend on ourselves as teachers of this Language which needs practice all the time through our discussions here in our lovely site or through surfing the internet for more knowledge.Although there are no students in our school most of the school year but we as I said should depend on ourselves to develope daily not saying words only but as Shakespeare said ( Actions speak louder than Words ) . God bless you all for this giant idea

مستر محمود عبد العاطى
15-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I think our most bad custom is bribe.Now we believe that we can not do anything without paying money for the clerk to do my work.This bad habit became in every place even it changed to become avery bad custom.When you say to aperson do not pay ,he replies why I.This negative situation made it a necessary thing to do our work in any place.So I ask every man,I mean, a ture man to stand against and fight this person who wants to earn moneny without any effort or work illegally.(Please Do not say it is not of my bussiness).We do not see or hear like this things in Europe or America,so they are developed .By this way ,we will not be developed and we will be developing till the end of our life.

Mr. Ahmad Refat
15-07-2009, 05:27 PM
I think the unique custom spread now among Egyptians is the interest. Everyone is concerned about his own interest no matter what happens to others. If nothing happens to me, it is ok even if something bad happened to my close friend but myself is the most important. we all see that when someone wants something from you, he tries to befriend you for some time. Once his need is done, he will not talk to you or even know you.

محمد عمران ابو عبد ارحمن
15-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm really happy to participate in this topic as i want to have a chance to practise true english so i suggest to make online chatting among all the forum teacher where we can discuss anything about english (teachesr of english room and this rooms have supervisors who control them and choose the topics which we can discusss

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
16-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Thank you very much, Mr Mahmoud Abdul Ati. Your wonderful posts appeal to me.
I wish you all the best

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
16-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Thannaya Amma

A t this time of the year, all people eagerly wait for the coming up of the results of the GSECE exams. They read the daily newspapers, watch the news bulletins, and log onto the internet to know the results of our dear secondary school students. After knowing the results, they follow up the news of the coordination office to know which faculties

Will admit this large number of students and which will not.

"Thanawya Amma" is the most important academic year in everyone's life for the score you get determines which faculty you will join. If your marks are not high, you may be forced to receive a kind of education that is both boring and useless. The low-income students don't have other alternatives if their score is not that good. However, the sons of the haves are different from those of the have-nots. They have a golden chance to receive the kind of education they like. They can enroll in any private university as long as they pay the fees required for such faculties which appeal to every ambitious student. Class distinction is a crisis, isn't it?

احمد العوامري
16-07-2009, 08:14 PM
hi everybody , one of the most imortant problems in our work is that we surrender to the students in speaking Arabic in classes to avoid not understanding and bad and negative opinion about us. Also teachers in any school should deal with othere in English all the time to ******* their ability to listen well and speak wel. Doing so , we will improve our style and at the same time may be we will make our studentd doing so .

El Sayed Siam
17-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Many thanks for Mr. Essam Wahba and Mr.SAYED SIAM for their great ideas . But I couldn't agree more with Both of them that we should depend on ourselves as teachers of this Language which needs practice all the time through our discussions here in our lovely site or through surfing the internet for more knowledge.Although there are no students in our school most of the school year but we as I said should depend on ourselves to develope daily not saying words only but as Shakespeare said ( Actions speak louder than Words ) . God bless you all for this giant idea

I completely agree with you Mr. Nabil. That is what I mean to develop ourselves through the internet

بدر السعدنى
17-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I thin that all of us can say more wise sayings , but we need practical solutions and steps enable us to depend on ourselves changing our way of thinking .

Essam Wahba
17-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Boasting about our glorious past and our ancestors’ achievements is not a bad thing in itself, but when this becomes our habit, it is clear that we are on the wrong track. I wonder if there are any other people who behave in the same way we do. Our life has become full of slogans. We are very much interested in history, talking about things that no longer exist, forgetting everything about our present or future.

How have we reached this state of affairs? How long shall we remain oblivious to the danger? Is there a way out of this? I believe there is. If we take matters more seriously and if we work harder, we can perform miracles. The problem is that we don’t try. I’m dead sure that we, Egyptians, can surpass the Japanese or any other nation. But, how can this be done? Time will tell.

El Sayed Siam
17-07-2009, 10:37 PM
. If we take matters more seriously and if we work harder, we can perform miracles. The problem is that we don’t try. I’m dead sure that we, Egyptians, can surpass the Japanese or any other nation. But, how can this be done? Time will tell.
[/quote]

I agree with you:- Egyptians can make miracles.

مستر محمود جنيدى
18-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Peace be upon you ,Mr.Essam
Firstly, I congratulate you on your distiguished effort .
Secondly,I have just a note on the title of the topic ,I think we should say ( The whole thing must go through in English ) .
Thirdly ,I enjoy the giants discussion indeed .:078111rg3:

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
18-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Firstly, I congratulate you on your distiguished effort .
Secondly,I have just a note on the title of the topic ,I think we should say ( The whole thing must go through in English ) .
Thirdly ,I enjoy the giants discussion indeed .:078111rg3:

Mr Hooda, this title is not of my own cooking. Frankly speaking, I took it from a Nile TV announcer while she was interviewing Dr. F arouq El-Baz. It appealed to me very much. so I decided to use it here in this thread. The title you've just referred to is ok. too

Essam ABDOU
18-07-2009, 10:33 AM
:078111rg3:

Dear Mr.Hooda,

We only use "Peace be upon him" when we refer to Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) or Allah`s messengers, in general. Some TV channels like: Iqra and the Saudi Channels stick to this. Huda TV goes even further to add "blessings" : "Peace and blessings be upon him". Huda TV refers sometimes to the Righteous Caliphs using (Peace be upon them). However, they refer to any of the Prophet`s Wives and Daughters and the Prophet`s Companions using: "May Allah be pleased with him/her/them".
If you want to greet, say simply: Assalamo Alaykom
If you want to say a prayer say:May Allah bless ...... .

Wallaho A`la Wa A`lam

Best Regards

Mr Mosaad El Hegazy
22-07-2009, 12:32 PM
To Mr Essam Gawish , Mr Essam Wahba and Mr Essam Abdou
May You allow me to express my admiration of your way of writing when I read your topics
believe me I can hear your voice , your accent and expressions I can see your body language
I feel like READING TOPICS WRITTEN BY NATIVE SPEAKERS
Really you made me like writing it has become one of my favourite hobbies it's a wonderful language skill
For many reasons I pray to Allah to bless and reward you and all our colleagues who participate in this wonderful thread I wish oneday I could write good English like you as you are really good examples to follow

جوفاني
22-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't have any thing to say

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
23-07-2009, 02:24 PM
To Mr Essam Gawish , Mr Essam Wahba and Mr Essam Abdou

May You allow me to express my admiration of your way of writing when I read your topics
believe me I can hear your voice , your accent and expressions I can see your body language
I feel like READING TOPICS WRITTEN BY NATIVE SPEAKERS
Really you made me like writing it has become one of my favourite hobbies it's a wonderful language skill

For many reasons I pray to Allah to bless and reward you and all our colleagues who participate in this wonderful thread I wish oneday I could write good English like you as you are really good examples to follow

Thank you very much, Mr. Mosaad for your nice words.

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
24-07-2009, 11:56 PM
My eldest brother always says,"Hasty climbers have sudden falls." I do believe that this old saying -repeated by my brother now and again- is true. Making hasty decisions may make your life a hell . I advise everyone to think deeply before making any decision for the consequences may be destructive "

Mr. Ahmad Refat
25-07-2009, 12:31 AM
I agree with you Mr.Essam . One should think well before making decisions and try to have a look at the future but in some times we are obliged to make quick decisions. So we should always ask the guidance from Allah

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
28-07-2009, 02:49 AM
One of the merits of reading stories is that we learn valuable lessons from them. Today I read a very interesting story about an ancient architect called Cenmar. El-Numan, the king of El-Hira. asked him to build the most beautiful palace in the world at that time. It is said that Cenmar took 20 years to finish building the place which he named El-Khawarnaq. The king was over the moon when he saw the palace. As a building, it was the second to none, indeed. Cenmar had a discussion with El-Numan during which the King discovered that Cenmar could design a better place than El-Khawarnaq for that guy was a brilliant architect. The King was supposed to reward Cenmar for his great efforts, but unfortunately this didn't happen. Do you know what happened? The King ordered his guards to kill Cenmar!!What do we learn from this story? I am waiting for your posts.

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
28-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey guys! Where are your wonderful posts?

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
01-08-2009, 12:49 AM
We upload a new stuff to the forum or download a valuable one from it day in day out. What about changing this daily routine? To change is to to live. We want to talk about our wishes, dreams, our future plans and all that jazz. Who is going to take the lead ? I will raise the cap for the one who will send his post first.

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
01-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Ok, dear brothers I will take the lead and talk to you about my greatest wish. I really wish to gain God's satisfaction. If Allah is pleased with me, I will go to paradise. Imagine yourself as being one of the inhabitants of paradise! There you will lead the most comfortable life . It is a permanent life full of happiness. At the other extreme, people who will go to hell will lead the worst life. May Allah be pleased with us and forgive our sins. Say,"Amen".

almallah2010
02-08-2009, 11:18 PM
As usual we are excellent experts in diagnosing our problem but we are not able to find solutions for it. You know why?!!!
It's simply because it is a complex problem with many influencing factors. The government represnted in the ministry is one part. They declare that they are reforming education but they are driving it towards more private lesson where English is taught as mathematical problems not as a real living language. This helps keeping the people financially exhausted all year round. Teachers of English are neither qualified nor interested in teaching English as it should be. They are in a competition to attract as many students to private lessons as they can. So they have no will to drive the teaching process in the right direction. Students and parents are not well aware of the prospects of the world of work for their children. They are repeating themselves as they did with their own lives thirty or fourty years ago.
It's hell of a problem and God knows when can all factors work together to go in the right direction.
Thanks.

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
04-08-2009, 02:50 AM
As usual we are excellent experts in diagnosing our problem but we are not able to find solutions for it. You know why?!!!
It's simply because it is a complex problem with many influencing factors. The government represnted in the ministry is one part. They declare that they are reforming education but they are driving it towards more private lesson where English is taught as mathematical problems not as a real living language. This helps keeping the people financially exhausted all year round. Teachers of English are neither qualified nor interested in teaching English as it should be. They are in a competition to attract as many students to private lessons as they can. So they have no will to drive the teaching process in the right direction. Students and parents are not well aware of the prospects of the world of work for their children. They are repeating themselves as they did with their own lives thirty or fourty years ago.
It's hell of a problem and God knows when can all factors work together to go in the right direction.
Thanks.

Thank you very much, Mr Almallah

طه المنشاوى
10-08-2009, 05:23 AM
My hearty greetings to all dear colleagues

morsi2030
10-08-2009, 05:44 AM
Dear colleagues, i read all the you opinions about teaching English at our school, but there is another serious problem i think you all see and realized it that mots of the students now can't read or write. and i think you all read and heard about it in the different mass media. i think the experts in our ministry just know how to speak and talk not you achieve anything they like parrots like to repeat words. can you all tell me the disadvantages of the old system of education we all were punished for bad behavior and for not studying although we respect our teachers till now. who respects us now? no one so must announce from here that changing thanks for you all

ابو كريمان
12-08-2009, 12:58 AM
All the words can't be enough to thank Mr.wahba and Mr.Gawish for their ideas,contributionsand their topis.for love, i think it isnot an aim or an end it is a beginning .choosing your right lover is abig task.Moreover,having a mutual love is ,for me,a luck.)mr.Ayman

hamdoun
20-08-2009, 12:23 AM
abest thing to meet a grreat teacher

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
21-08-2009, 01:58 PM
With the advent of Ramadan, the shape of life changes in Egypt in particular as well as in the other Arab countries in general. Let's talk about our dear country and how the Egyptians celebrate the advent of Ramadan. Wherever you go in Egypt nowadays, you see houses decorated with special things . Ramadan lanterns are seen in the hands of children everywhere in Egypt. Mosques are decorated as well .What is more important than that is that people repent to Allah so that He will forgive their sins. Most people read Qur'an and pray in the mosque. People tend to be tolerant with others. How wonderful life is in Ramadan! Let's change ourselves for the better in the holy month of Ramadan

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
22-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Contemplations
On the first day of Ramadan, we should ask ourselves why we fast, how to fast and what benefits we get from fasting. In fact, some people fast because they are used to do that. To them fasting is just a habit. If fasting is merely a habit , then it is useless for we fast for God's sake. Allah ordered us to fast. we obey His orders to gain his satisfaction. As for the second point which is about the way we fast, I'd like to say that fasting is not only abstaining from eating and drinking . but it is also abstaining from what displeases God such as backbiting people, telling lies, insulting and laughing at people. If you refrain from doing whatever displeases Allah, you will be pious.

كموناتو
23-08-2009, 02:15 PM
thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss

مستر محمود عبد العاطى
24-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Ramadan is a great festival season for Muslims to avoid sins.Ramadan is cosidered the biggest gate to go from it to Paradise,but some people understand Ramadan wrongly by making it the month of eating .In my point of view I condemn the mass media it does not give it the right which it deserves from the religious thread. We made Ramadanthe month of series even the satellite channals or space channals.More ever,we find some people break fast without paying attention for the fasts although they are able to fast.

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
24-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Thank you Mr Mahmoud for your wonderful post.

Mr Mostafa Goda
08-09-2009, 05:08 PM
In the name of Allah, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
All praise is to Allah, Whom we thank and seek for His help and forgiveness.
We seek refuge in Allah from the evils of ourselves and the burden of our evil deeds.
Whomsoever He guides, will never be misled, and whomsoever He misguides, will never find enlightenment.
I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Mohammad is His slave and Messenger
During the holy month of Ramadan, Muslims fast from dawn to dusk for the entire month, an act that brings joy and contentment to every Muslim who experiences the practice. We pray that this blessed month brings divine blessings to all of us.

kingter2009
08-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Dear colleagues
this is really one of the most serious problems but we should bear in mind that both teachers and students are victims of a failure educational system that has no clear attitudes. the syallabuses are too long . they give no chance for teachers to create or even to help weak students
also teachers are obliged to carry out the ministry's orders concerning marking and raising marks . who can objecttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

مستر/ عصام الجاويش
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Dear colleagues
this is really one of the most serious problems but we should bear in mind that both teachers and students are victims of a failure educational system that has no clear attitudes. the syallabuses are too long . they give no chance for teachers to create or even to help weak students
also teachers are obliged to carry out the ministry's orders concerning marking and raising marks . who can objecttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
I see eye to eye with you, sir

samir Meabed
11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Peace of Allah be upon you
Happy day return again on the occasion of the Holy Ramadan Mr Essam I do admire you and your English .you are one of those who made me like this forum
I am proud of your frankness and your free opinion without flattering or hypoicracy
Though I admire you I have a slight blame on you You should encourage the beginners to stand on their feet you should pass thier participation and direct them if they are in need this is your duty .All the participants need your critical eye and your gloden advice
Some teachers say wonderful without reading the subject or even download it .They just want to register points Please do not forget us with your useful direction

mohamed ma
20-08-2010, 02:26 AM
let's start with standing above the moon
we call eco to catch that roof
we are in dilema let's ask the future soon
when will we stand on that hoof?
with regards

محمد احمد محمد الصورى
07-09-2010, 05:55 PM
I agree with you Mr Essam, but some of my colleagues are not serious and take the matter ironically

تامر الجمل
11-09-2010, 03:13 PM
I would like to thank all teachers who take part in this subject

flam
01-11-2010, 11:12 PM
يا ريت يا جماعة لو فيه شريط كاسيت لمنهج 3 ث الجديد حد ينزله ولكم جزيل الشكر:av4056bb7jp3::078111rg3:

م القادر
04-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Dear Friends,
It's true that most of us can't speak English fluently or ,we speak bad English .In the States they call it Egyptian English
When we speak English ,we think in Arabic that produces bad English .Also our students make us more frustrated , they persist in translated English,English for Exams only
English in Lebanon,Gaza ,Syria and Kuwait is better than our English

حسن حسين صادق
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
first of all ,, I'd like to thank this great and creative teacher Mr. Essam... for his illuminating idea
... In my opinion , the ministry began to pay more attention to how the student benefit from English
U know in courses of English ,, they never use the rewrite question , I see it as physics more than English
but the point is this ,,, we must do our rule and make it more effective by using English in the class more and more and as most of my colleagues and teachers said .. we must - I say - we must keep up with the new in English ,,

Thanks for your time
Mr.HassanH. Sadik

Mr.Shaaban
22-02-2011, 12:11 AM
... In my opinion , the ministry began to pay more attention to how the student benefits from English

Thanks for your time
Mr.HassanH. Sadik

Mr.Shaaban
22-02-2011, 12:18 AM
One of the merits of reading stories is that we learn valuable lessons from them. Today I read a very interesting story about an ancient architect called Cenmar. El-Numan, the king of El-Hira. asked him to build the most beautiful palace in the world at that time. It is said that Cenmar took 20 years to finish building the place which he named El-Khawarnaq. The king was over the moon when he saw the palace. As a building, it was the second to none, indeed. Cenmar had a discussion with El-Numan during which the King discovered that Cenmar could design a better place than El-Khawarnaq for that guy was a brilliant architect. The King was supposed to reward Cenmar for his great efforts, but unfortunately this didn't happen. Do you know what happened? The King ordered his guards to kill Cenmar!!What do we learn from this story? I am waiting for your posts.

A good sentence, Sir:078111rg3:

Mr.AmrElGohary
17-03-2011, 12:45 AM
First of all I'd like to thank all of you .
I'm Mr. Amr El Gohary
I'd like to say that it is important to give due care to teachers' level by giving them constant courses or sharing thier points of view together .
Second , it is important to have a connection with what they teach and what they had learnt .
As we all know that our faculty of education doesn't prepare true teachers .

محبة الصحابة
13-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Really, you are a wonderful teacher, dad!

bebonet533
02-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Dear my colleagues ,
I have to thank you all for the great chance you have given me to have an overall view upon your outstanding writing skills and many great thanks for Mr. Essam who has opened the route for practice and benefit . i pray for Allah to bless you all

bebonet533
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
As a matter of fact , i have been searching , for a long time , for a forum in which i can exchange experiences and make the best use of the little free time i have every day .it's practice that has the power to make use nearly native speakers i suggest that we determine a date at which we meet in this great page and help raise our standards

أبو عوف
31-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I think that in this way we can perfect our language.
Thanks a lot and may Allah help us all

MR.AHMEDELREFY
12-06-2012, 05:20 AM
the teacher first need to motivate to improve his language because "where can we teach English? Is it at schools where students go there only for meeting their friends or at home where you spoil the language by teaching students only vocabulary and grammar ?

مستر / محمد عبدالله عثمان
29-07-2012, 11:50 PM
thank you very very much

The Octopus
28-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Dear colleagues , I have noticed through out my career in teaching English that our students focus only on grammar and vocabulary neglecting the skills such as translation, writing correctly, comprehension and pronunciation. Moreover our teachers told us that the most important thing was to write the word correctly not to pronounce it correctly.

elrekhem
24-11-2012, 02:36 PM
من فضلكم حد يرد عليا بعت كتيييير ومحدش عاوز يفيدنى لو بنت بتعيد ثالثة ثانوى فى اللغة الانجليزية تدرس المنهج والقصة القديم ولا المنهج والقصة الجديد

elrekhem
02-12-2012, 03:32 AM
من فضلكم حد يرد عليا بعت كتيييير ومحدش عاوز يفيدنى لو بنت بتعيد ثالثة ثانوى فى اللغة الانجليزية تدرس المنهج والقصة القديم ولا المنهج والقصة الجديد

مستر احمد شوقى
04-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Thank you.I really admire your suggestion.I would do my best to enrich your idea>

gate1974
03-02-2013, 10:28 AM
The criteria of a good teacher: My own perspective

esadev
10-02-2013, 01:50 AM
gr8 work .

hericho
31-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Scientists ........hard to find altervative sources of energy
try / have tried
his old age . my uncle is very energetic ...................
Despite / In spite of " دور ثانى 2011 " مع ذكر السبب " وهو فيه فرق بين الاتنين
Which model .....250kilometres per hour?

mohammad almashad
01-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Excuse me mr , do you have any news about the changes that will be to the curriculum of English this year 2013/2014

ABOU HENNA
11-09-2013, 08:36 PM
are we teaching English as a language or as a subject ?

مستر احمد حسان
13-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Peace be upon you all

In my opinion this forum is the best of all
I'd like to give my colleagues an important advice that can help very much in improving our language skills
It is that try to find a friend who can speak English - most likely a teacher of English - and start talking together in English whenever you meet. There will be a lot of mistakes at first but after doing so alot , you will find speaking in English becomes easier and easier. Speak together about everything , every field in life and all topics. Finally, I'd like to thank alot my dear friends ; Tarek Ibrahim and Nasser Foad , with whom I have practised English alot. 2

استاذ احمد حسان
مدرس لغة انجليزية
مدرسة قليوب المحطة الاعدادية المشتركة
For every evil under the sun
There is a remedy or there is none
If there is one, try to find it
If there is none, never mind it

Ahmedshazly
16-01-2014, 11:48 AM
which is correct ?
i had been driving for along distance when the car broke down
i had drivn for along distance when the car broke down

Mr Alaa zeidan
12-04-2014, 09:38 PM
At first I'd like to thank the big teachers who are in my humble opinion the main source of our curriculum knowledge and and the head of them is Mr Essam Wahba amd Mr Yacoub.

If we r to speak about the reality of English teaching in Egypt, then we all know that it's really a calamity and the reasons r well known by all of us. Then let's go directly to the remedy or a sample remedy from my humble point of view: using the www effectively can be of a great help to any teacher who wants to raise his teaching standard. I , personally , find it a great service and help in improving my English. I use Skype , I had many native English speakers friends who help me a lot in practicing speaking, not only chatting but also discussing educational issues together as some of them r teachers of English.
I don't want to waste ur precious time with repeated words , but finally can say that ; if there's a will there's a way.
Thank u all