مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : A question to my dear colleagues

ميادة22
26-11-2010, 03:24 PM
If a student made a question with who using a helping verb for instance who did open the door? should he be given the full mark of the question? We may use v.to be in the possiitive sentence for emphasis like I do believe you for example but if we use it with such a question is it right or not?

Mr.Ahmed EL-hady
26-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Dear colleague

when I ask about the the subject with 'who' the structure would be:
who +main verb+the rest of the sentence
who opened the door?
HE did...... so 'He' is the subject

and If I ask about the object, the structure would be:

who+ auxiliary verb+main verb+ the rest of the sentence

who did you come with?
I came with Hady/hime...... hady or him is the object

هنا انا بسأل عن مفعول وليس فاعل.. المفروض استخدم whom وليس who
لكن الصيغه دي مشهوره وتقريبا معظم الانجليز بيستخدموها
يعني ممكن اشيل whom واحط who .+ فعل مساعد لما اجي اسأل عن مفعول

So, I think that he doesn't deserve the full mark
because we want to know who is the subject not the object
and that structure isn't common
and
It is up to you

ميادة22
26-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Thank you so much Mr for your interest and for your valuable answer but I'm still asking :it's not common to use a helping verb with who questions but using it is correct or totally false Iam waiting for your opinions my colleagues

Mr.Ahmed EL-hady
26-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I think that we can not use verb to do with 'who' questions when we ask about the object ,however we use it in positive statements as Emphasis
but why we use it like this? could be one or more reasons.

for example, we use it as emphasis
or
a denial of previous statement:
A: you don't love me
B: I do love you

but, somehow, your sentence isn't wrong

let's say:
Teacher: Who opened the door?
Ahmed: Not me.
Hady: Nor me
Mayada: I didn't either
Teacher: well, someone must have. who did open the door?
so

we can use verb to do with 'who questions' but it isn't common but it is quite correct

And After all,we taste English

Who got it??
who did get it?
?

ashraf_salah
26-11-2010, 07:10 PM
gramatically i think it isn't correct i meant in academic english, but in everyday language it is totally correct

seizare
26-11-2010, 11:42 PM
I think we should be strict in this case because we ask about what we teach i mean you teach students not to use do does did after who when we ask about the subject on the other hand the Ss don't know we can use it for emphasis then he gave his answer by mistake so I find him guilty
PS: I mostly give them the full mark

الباشا روقة
28-11-2010, 02:14 AM
?Hi Mr Sobhy . Are U from Khfr Ebrahim

zidane10
28-11-2010, 10:54 PM
مش ممكن ياخد الدرجة النهائية طبعا . مش معقول ياخد الدرجة النهائية وهو عنده غلطة.

مستر/ عبدالكريم على عبدالنعيم
29-11-2010, 10:32 PM
If a student made a question with who using a helping verb for instance who did open the door? should he be given the full mark of the question? We may use v.to be in the possiitive sentence for emphasis like I do believe you for example but if we use it with such a question is it right or not?

Miss , teach your students to be accurate.The who-rule is apparent as Mr said in the above mentioned comments. you should not be permissive to the extent of negligence. I think that you should by no means give it the full mark
BR

mosaadabd460
12-12-2014, 11:27 PM
right answer

الرجاال
28-12-2014, 10:27 AM
. It‘s considered a right answer or false answer according to the kind of question
( write questions / conversation ) and your request from the student. But finally it is a correct answer)

طارق ابو يوسف
13-01-2015, 07:49 AM
I think this question is certainly right