مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : سؤال question tag

reem_a
19-03-2013, 06:36 PM
السادة الافاضل معلمو اللغة الانجليزية لو سمحتوا سؤال عاوزين qusetion tag :
they have no time to play games............they؟
هل الاجابة هي have they? ,or haven't they?
وشكرا

Mr.Nashaat Elhamaki
19-03-2013, 07:29 PM
الاجابه هى
?Do they,

ولا have ولا haven't

reem_a
19-03-2013, 08:39 PM
اه فعلا شكرا ألف شكر لحضرتك

الاستاذ خالد زلط
04-07-2016, 11:56 AM
علي عكس ما قال مستر نشأت مع احترامي له طبعا، طالما الجملة اختياري وفيها الاختيارين دول بس زي ما السؤال موضح يبقي الحل have they لان :
[نبذة مختصرة]
يجوز استخدام الفعل have كفعل ناقص ويسمي "فعلا مستخدما كـoperator " وهذا يحدث فقط في اللغة الانجليزية البريطانية Br.E والان يعتبر استخداما old-fashioned قديم ولكنه موجود وشائع في تعبيرات معينة حتي في اللغة الغير رسمية مثل :I haven't a clue
رجوعا للموضوع الاصلي :
الجملة التي ذُكِرت بها no فالسؤال المذيل يجب ان يكون مثبتا لذا الحل have they وبالطبع الحل do they صحيح ايضا ولكنني اجيب بالنسبة للاختيارات المذكورة وانوِّه علي عدم خطا الاجابة have they
My Regards
Mr.Khaled Mohammed Zalat

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:06 AM
هذا السؤال تم الحديث عنة باستخدام you وكانت النتيجة كالاتى :do you
You have no idea, (…): “do you” or “don't you”? [duplicate]
The general principle is that when the main clause is positive, the question tag is negative. You have no idea is made negative by the presence of no. It follows that the tag will be: do you?

In general "do you" since the first part of the sentence is negative (contains "no"). But sometimes natives use it wrongly "negative + negative" to highlight that situation is absolutely clear and there is no choice in the question.
They have no idea, do they?

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:08 AM
I haven’t a car. (old-fashioned BrE)
Have you a car? (old-fashioned BrE)

I haven’t got a car. (modern BrE)
I've got a car. (modern BrE, informal AmE)

I don’t have a car. (AmE)
Do you have a car? (AmE)

In sum, you probably shouldn't recommend the first two to students because they’re no longer in common use, while the others are.

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Sometimes, you might hear people saying ‘She hasn't a daughter’ or ‘I haven’t a car’, but remember that these forms are incorrect and very unusual.

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:11 AM
She hasn't got a car. or She hasn't a car. OR She doesn't have a car. (British English)
She hasn't got a car. OR She doesn't have a car. (American English)
Have you got my keys? (More natural than ‘Have you my keys?’)
They do not have adequate facilities. OR They haven’t got adequate facilities. (More natural than ‘They have not adequate facilities’.)

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Per BBC Ask about English
Q: Which is the right form between ‘I haven’t’ and ‘I don’t have’. I sometimes hear the second form, but I don’t know why they don’t say ‘I haven’t’.
A. ’Have’ is a very interesting verb because it has many purposes. Sometimes it’s an auxiliary verb, for example in the present perfect – ‘I've seen that film’ – ‘have’ here doesn't really have a meaning, it just helps support the main verb ‘see’. Other auxiliary verbs are verbs such as ‘do’ so – ‘Do you have a pen?’ where ‘do’ is the auxiliary verb. But in the example – ‘do you have a pen?’, ‘have’ actually is a main verb, it has some meaning. It means own or possess. So sometimes ‘have’ is an auxiliary verb and sometimes it’s a main verb.
In the question we’re asked about the difference between ‘I haven’t’ and ‘I don’t have’. When we use ‘I don’t have’, for example – ‘I don’t have a pen’ – we’re using ‘have’ as a main verb meaning to own or possess: ‘I don’t have a car’ – ‘Do you have a pencil?’ We need the auxiliary verb ‘do’ to help support the main verb ‘have’. Occasionally you’ll hear someone say – ‘I haven’t a clue’, but using ‘haven’t’ in this way isn't really usual. So for example we wouldn't normally say ‘I haven’t a pen’ or ‘I haven’t a book’. We would normally say – ‘I don’t have a book’, or ‘I don’t have pen’.
In British English, of course, you might also hear ‘I've got’: ‘I've got a book’, ‘I've got a pen’, ‘I've got a new car’. Here ‘have’ is playing the part of the auxiliary verb and this is where we can use ‘haven’t’: ‘I haven’t got a book’, ‘I haven’t got a pen’, ‘Have you got a new car?’
It’s important to remember then that ‘have’ can be a main verb or an auxiliary verb. If it’s a main verb you need another auxiliary to support it, such as ‘do’. ‘Do you have a new car?’
Per Alan, an English language trainer and co-founder of English-test.net
It is possible to say: ‘I have a car’ . Similarly it is not acceptable to say: ‘I haven’t a car.’ I am using the word ‘acceptable’ and not ‘correct’ because I am referring to how something is used in current (emphasis added) English. If you are going to use ‘have’ with the meaning ‘possess’, it is preferable to use it as follows:
‘I don’t have a car?’
‘Do you have a car?’
‘I have a car.’
‘I haven’t got a car.’
‘Have you got a car?’
‘I have got a car’.

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Conclusion
I hold the same view as the above two comments that Sentence 1 is unacceptable. However, why are so many people still using such form. It seems that it is an old form of British English. It is why both commentators did not reject it as totally incorrect. Or people may think such form is simpler: why say “I don’t have” when “I haven’t” seems to carry the same meaning.

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:17 AM
In the question we're asked about the difference between ‘I haven't’ and ‘I don't have’. When we use ‘I don't have’, for example – ‘I don't have a pen’ – we're using ‘have’ as a main verb meaning to own or possess: ‘I don't have a car’ – ‘Do you have a pencil?’ We need the auxiliary verb ‘do’ to help support the main verb ‘have’. Occasionally you'll hear someone say – ‘I haven't a clue’, but using ‘haven't’ in this way isn't really usual. So for example we wouldn't normally say ‘I haven't a pen’ or ‘I haven't a book’. We would normally say – ‘I don't have a book’, or ‘I don't have pen’.

In British English, of course, you might also hear ‘I've got’: ‘I've got a book’, ‘I've got a pen’, ‘I've got a new car’. Here ‘have’ is playing the part of the auxiliary verb and this is where we can use ‘haven't’: ‘I haven't got a book’, ‘I haven't got a pen’, ‘Have you got a new car?’

It's important to remember then that ‘have’ can be a main verb or an auxiliary verb. If it's a main verb you need another auxiliary to support it, such as ‘do’. ‘Do you have a new car?’

When it's an auxiliary verb it's helping another verb – ‘Have you got a new car?’ But please try to avoid – ‘I haven't a new car.’

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Occasionally you'll hear someone say – ‘I haven't a clue’, but using ‘haven't’ in this way isn't really usual. So for example we wouldn't normally say ‘I haven't a pen’ or ‘I haven't a book’. We would normally say – ‘I don't have a book’, or ‘I don't have pen’.
It's important to remember then that ‘have’ can be a main verb or an auxiliary verb. If it's a main verb you need another auxiliary to support it, such as ‘do’. ‘Do you have a new car?’

When it's an auxiliary verb it's helping another verb – ‘Have you got a new car?’ But please try to avoid – ‘I haven't a new car.’

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:22 AM
على احد المواقع تم مناقشة هذا السؤال فنقلته اليكم كما هو :

I have another question regarding tag questions:
Which one is correct:
You have a car, haven't you? or
You have a car, don't you?
The second one is correct. Think how you would ask a simple question. You'd say "Do you have a car?", or alternatively, "Have you got a car?". So, the correct way is "...don't you?"

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:23 AM
I was always taught that the tense in the first part of a sentence and the question part should be the same, so I'd say:
"You have a car, don't you?" and "You've got a car, haven't you?"
but not really "You have a car, haven't you?"

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:26 AM
This is how I understand it too. In "You have a car" the "have" is not an auxiliary verb but a verb with the same force as any other (such as "drive" in "you drive a car, don't you?") and so the "do" tag form sounds correct to me. I think there is a vestige of an older usage in the way you can say "you have a car, haven't you?" (a time when you could even say "drive you not? etc"?) but it sounds very quaint to my ears.

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Common errors
Avoid these common mistakes with have / have got
1. "I haven't any brothers or sisters."
Remember: the negative form is either "I haven't got" or "I don't have".
2. "Have you got a new coat?"
"Yes, I have got."
"Yes, I've."
Remember: the short form of "have got" is "have". You can't abbreviate it to "I've".
3. "Last week I had got a bad cold."
Remember: in the past tense, use "had" not "had got".

ابو بيشو
05-07-2016, 11:29 AM
I haven’t a car. (old-fashioned BrE)
Have you a car? (old-fashioned BrE)

In sum, you probably shouldn't recommend the first two to students because they’re no longer in common use, while the others are.