مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : A Midsummer Night's Dream

Mr. Jan
26-08-2015, 01:03 AM
Some useful questions on Act I

1. What are Theseus and Hippolyta discussing at the beginning
_ They are discussing their wedding which is supposed to take place in four days' time
2. Why has Theseus ordered a revel
_Theseus, Duke of Athens, has ordered a revel to celebrate his marriage to Hippolyta, Queen of the Amzaons, who won through a battle
3. How does Hippolyta come to be betrothed to Theseus
_ He has defeated her in battle and won her hand in marriage as a peace settlement or perhaps as the spoils of victory
4. What does Theseus promise Hippolyta
_ He promises her that their marriage will be one of joy, unlike the warring he used to win her
5. Why is Egeus disturbed
_ He wants his daughter, Hermia, to marry Demetrius, but she loves and wants to marry Lysander
6. What will be Hermia's fate if she refuses to marry Demetrius
_ She may choose to die or to live as a cloistered nun
7. To what do Lysander and Hermia agree
_ They agree to meet the next night in a wood and from there to make their way to the remote home of Lysander's aunt where they can be married and be safe from Athens cruel punishment and separation
8. What hopes does Helena have by telling Demetrius of Lysander and Hermia's flight
_ She predicts the sweet pain of following him to and from the appointed wood while he pursues Hermia
9. Who are the characters in scene two, and what do they plan
_ They are six craftsmen of Athens who plant to perform the tragedy of Pyramus and Thisby as an entertainment to honour the Duke's wedding day

I hope this information might be helpful and informative

If any admin is pleased with this. I'll provide the following acts