قديم 28-04-2018, 12:03 AM
مستر خالد غباشى مستر خالد غباشى غير متواجد حالياً
مشرف عام لأقسام الأزهر الشريف

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2008
المشاركات: 6,576
معدل تقييم المستوى: 22
مستر خالد غباشى is a jewel in the rough
افتراضي

Rewrite the following sentences using the word(s) in brackets, to give the same meaning. 1 -Hatem said, “My grandfather taught me how to organise my time.” (said that) Hatem said that his grandfather had taught him how to organise his time. 2- I always do my homework before I watch TV. (My homework is…) My homework is always done before I watch TV. 3- Charles Dickens is a famous English writer. He was born in 1812. (who) Charles Dickens, who was born in 1812, is a famous English writer. / Charles Dickens, who is a famous English writer, was born in 1812. 4- It is impossible that Amal sold her car. (can’t) Amal can’t have sold her car 5- We have lived in Damietta for twenty years. (since) -We have lived in Damietta since 1996. 6- During my stay in Hurghada, I met my old friends. (while) -I met my old friends while I was (staying) in Hurghada. 7- “You must revise well for the final exam, Leila,” Father said. (told) -Father told Leila that she had to/must revise well for the exam. 8- I will attend the conference as planned. (going) -I’m going to the conference. 9- You shouldn’t neglect your work. (take care) -You should take care of your work. 10- Egypt took over the Suez C**** in 1956. (taken) -The Suez C**** was taken over by Egypt in 1956. 11- Smoking is banned in hospitals. (mustn’t) -People / You mustn’t smoke in hospitals. 12- Hala finished her shopping before she returned home. (After) -After Hala (had) finished her shopping, she returned home 13- I think Hadeel broke her leg. (might) - Hadeel might have broken her leg. 14- Mr Smith teaches us English and he is from London. (who) -Mr Smith, who is from London, teaches us English 15- “I was late because I did not catch the eight o’clock bus,” Ahmed said. (told) Ahmed told us that he had been late because he had not caught the eight o'clock bus. 16- My grandfather had u last week, and he has not recovered yet. (get over) - My grandfather had u week, and he has not got over it yet. 17- A French engineer started the Suez C**** (by) - The Suez C**** was started by a French engineer 18- I’m going to visit my uncle in hospital. (decided)-I have decided to visit my uncle in hospital. 19- Today it is difficult for some animals to survive in such hot weather. (survival) -Today the survival of some animals is difficult in such hot weather. 20- The opening of the Suez C**** has affected world business. (effect) -The opening of the Suez C**** had an effect on world business. 21- My sister told me that she was doing her homework then. (said) -My sister said to me "I am doing my homework now". 22- Conan Doyle invented Sherlock Holmes. (by)- Sherlock Holmes was invented by Conan Doyle. 23- Someone ate my lunch! (has been)- My lunch has been eaten! 24- There’s not much sugar left in the container. (a little) - There’s (only) a little sugar left in the container . 25- The noise in that room is so loud! (a lot of)- There is a lot of noise in that room!
26-Tarek's really hungry. He probably didn't have enough breakfast. (can't) - Tarek can't have had / eaten enough breakfast 27- My illness began at Leila’s birthday party. (catch)-I caught illness at Leila's birthday party 28- My taxi had to wait in a traffic jam, so I didn’t catch my train. (miss) I missed my train because My taxi had to wait in a traffic jam 29- To run in the race, I must be less heavy. (lose)I must lose weight to run in the race 30- The hotel asked him to pay a lot of money to use its swimming pool. (charge)The hotel charged him a lot of money to use its swimming pool. 31- They are very kind. They give half the money they earn to a charity. (income)They are very kind. They give half their income to a charity 32- The lake is very pretty, but it was made by people. (artificial)The lake is very pretty, but it is artificial.33-That school needs some lights to make the playground lighter at night. (illuminate)That school needs some lights to illuminate the playground at night. 34- she didn't go out until she had done her homework. (having)Having done her homework, she went out35-ahmed said" One of our ovens was repaired last month." (said that)Ahmed said that one of their ovens had been repaired the month before. 36-I'm sure he went to the theatre yesterday. ( must )He must have gone to the theatre yesterday 37-I don't think ahmed was tired. (might)Ahmed might have been tired