اهلا وسهلا بك فى بوابة الثانوية العامة ... سجل الان

العودة   بوابة الثانوية العامة المصرية > المنتدى التخصصى للمعلمين > المنتدى االأكاديمى للمعلمين > حجرة معلمى اللغات

حجرة معلمى اللغات الانجليزية - الفرنسية - الألمانية - الايطالية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
قديم 22-01-2011, 07:18 PM
ابو بيشو ابو بيشو غير متواجد حالياً
مــٌــعلــم

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2009
المشاركات: 6,125
معدل تقييم المستوى: 22
ابو بيشو is on a distinguished road
افتراضي قالوا :اقوال رائعة

اليكم منى كل احترام وتقدير شكرا
قالوا عن الاعداء
Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes" [Antisthenes]
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you" [Eric Hoffer The Passionate State of Mind]
"A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies" [Oscar Wilde Lady Windermere's Fan]
"A very great man once said you should love your enemies, and that's not a bad piece of advice. We can love them, but, by God, that doesn't mean we're not going to fight them" [Norman Schwarzkopf]
"The enemy advances, we retreat."
"The enemy camps, we harass."
"The enemy tires, we attack."
"The enemy retreats, we pursue" [Mao Zedong slogan for his troops]
"We have met the enemy and he is us" [Walt Kelly Pogo]
"Yet is every man his own greatest enemy, and as it were his own executioner" [Thomas Browne Religio Medici]
"If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility" [Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Driftwood]
وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو
قالوا عن الفقر
  1. Destitution, like a famished rat, begins by gnawing at the edges of garments —Stefan Zweig
  2. Her poverty was like a huge dream-mountain on which her feet were fast rooted … aching with the ache of the size of the thing —Katherine Mansfield
  3. (I felt as) poor as a Catholic without a sin for confession —Harry Prince
  4. Poor as a church mouse —Anon
Like Job, mice (and rats) have long been, and continue to be, proverbial comparisons for poverty. The writer most frequently credited with originating the simile is William Makepeace Thackeray who used it in Vanity Fair
  1. Poor as a couple of shithouse spiders —Leslie Thomas
  2. Poor as Job —Anon
A simile with a history dating back to the thirteenth century, and used by many illustrious writers. In Henry IV, Shakespeare extended it to, “Poor as Job … but not so patient,” while Sir Walter Scott in The Fortunes of Nigel made it, “Proud as Lucifer, and as poor as Job.” A variation that was once a popular American colloquialism is “Poor as Job’s turkey.”
  1. Poor as sin —F. Scott Fitzgerald
  2. A poor man who oppresses the poor is like a sweeping rain which leaves no food —The Holy Bible/Proverbs
The words ‘oppresses’ and ‘leaves’ have been modernized from ‘oppresseth’ and ‘leaveth.’
  1. Poverty is death in another form —Latin proverb
  2. Poverty, like wealth, entails a ritual of adaptation —Arthur A. Cohen
  3. Wearing squalor like a badge —Wilfrid Sheed
وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو ووووووووووووووووووووو
tr.v. friend·ed, friend·ing, friends
1. To add (someone) as a friend on a social networking website.
2. Archaic To befriend.
وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو وووووووووووووووووووووو
قالوا عن الفرح joy
  1. Agitated with delight as a waving sea —Arabian Nights
  2. Exhilaration spread through his breast like some pleasurable form of heartburn —Nadine Gordimer
  3. A joyous feeling … shot up, like the grass in spring —Ivan Turgenev
  4. (Heart is) as full of sunshine as a hay field —Josh Billings
  5. Bliss … as though you’d suddenly swallowed a bright piece of that late afternoon sun and it burned in your bosom, sending out a little shower of sparks into every particle —Katherine Mansfield
The simile sets the mood for one of Mansfield’s best known stories, Bliss.
  1. Ecstacy warm and rich as wine —Harvey Swados
  2. Elated … like a lion tamer who has at last found the whip ***** which will subdue the most ferocious of his big cats —John Mortimer
  3. Enjoy life like a young porpoise —George Santayana
  4. Gorged with joy like a pigeon too fat to fly —Marge Piercy
  5. Great joys, like griefs, are silent —Shackerley Marmion
  6. Gurgle like a meadowlark —W. P. Kinsella
  7. Heart … soared like a geyser —William Peden
  8. Her heart became as light as a bubble —Antonia White
  9. Joy careens and smashes through them like a speeding car out of control —Irving Feldman
  10. Joy … felt it rumbling within him like a subterranean river —André Malraux
  11. Joyful as carollers —David Leavitt
  12. Joy is like the ague [malaria]; one good day between two bad ones —Danish proverb
  13. Joy leaping within me … like a trout in a brook —George Garrett
  14. Joy rises in me like a summer morn —Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  15. Joys are bubble-like; what makes them bursts them too —P. J. Bailey
  16. Joy, simple as the wildflowers —George Garrett
  17. Joys … like angel visits, short and bright —John Norris
The angel visit comparison has been as effectively linked to goodness and fame.
  1. Joys met by chance … flow for us fresh and strong, like new wine when it gushes from the press —André Gide
  2. The joys we’ve missed in youth are like … lost umbrellas; we musn’t spend the rest of life wondering where they are —Henry James
  3. (He is) jubilant as a flag unfurled —Dorothy Parker
  4. Men without joy seem like corpses —Kaethe Kolwitz
  5. My heart lifted like a wave —Norman Mailer
  6. Our joys are about me like a net —Iris Murdoch
  7. Rose and fell, like a floating swimmer, on easygoing great waves of voluptuous joy —Christina Stead
  8. A strong exhilaration ran through her like the fumes of wine —Ben Ames Williams
  9. The sun in my heart comes up like a Javanese orange —Dylan Thomas
  10. Their joys … ran into each other like water paints mingling to form delicate new colors —Sumner Locke Elliott
  11. Triumphant as if I’d just hurled a shutout —W. P. Kinsella
The term shutout was particularly appropriate in Kinsella’s baseball novel, Shoeless Joe. Baseball expressions do, however, work well within other contexts.
  1. A wonderful feeling enveloped him, as if light were being shaken about him —John
وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو ووووووووووووووووووووووو
قالوا عن الخوف
  1. Afraid, as children in the dark —Dante Gabriel Rossetti
  2. An air of terrifying finality, like the clap of doom —Herbert Lieberman
  3. (A vague, uncatalogued) apprehension, as cold and disquieting as a first snowflake smudging the window of a warm and complacent room —Derek Lambert
  4. As courage imperils life, fear protects it —Leonardo Da Vinci
  5. As easily daunted as an elephant in the presence of a mouse —Ben Ames Williams
  6. Brute terrors, like the scurrying of rats in a deserted attic, filled the more remote chambers of his brain —Robert Louis Stevenson
  7. Cowardice, like alcoholism, is a lifelong condition —Susan Walton, New York Times/Hers, June 4, 1987
The cowardice Walton is comparing to alcoholism is that which drives the person who always does what is expected and when.
  1. Cowardly as the hyena —Beryl Markham
  2. His cowardice … fixed him like an invisible cement, or like a nail —Cynthia Ozick
  3. Dreaded (her) like fire —Alexander Pushkin
  4. The dread in his lungs lay heavy as cold mud —Peter Matthiessen
  5. An eddy of fear swirled around her, like dust rising off the floor in some barren drafty place —Cornell Woolrich
  6. Fear … a little like the fear of a lover who realizes that he is falling out of love —May Sarton
  7. Fear … came and went like the throb of a nerve in an open tooth —James Warner Bellah
  8. Fear … clutching at his heart … as if tigers were tearing him —Willa Cather
  9. Fear … compressed me like a vise —Aharon Appelfeld
  10. Fear fell [on crowd] like the shadow of a cloud —John Greenleaf Whittier
  11. Fear … gnaws like pain —Dame Edith Sitwell
  12. Fearing them as much … as a nervous child with memory filled with ghost-stories fears a dark room —W. H. Hudson
  13. Fear is like a cloak which old men huddle about their love, as if to keep it warm —William Wordsworth
  14. Fear … lay on me like a slab of stone —Norman Mailer
  15. (In my body is a) fear like metal —Marilyn Hacker
  16. The fear of failure … blew like a Siberian wind on our unprotected backs —John Le Carré
  17. Fear oozed out (of the woods), as out of a *****ed bottle —Dorothy Canfield Fisher
  18. Fear ran through him like a sickness —Brian Moore
  19. Fears … fell from him like dreams from a man waking up in bed —G. K. Chesterton
  20. Fear … sat heavy in the center of his body like a ball of badly digested food —George Garrett
  21. Fears came scurrying out from their hiding places like mice —Paige Mitchell
  22. Fear … seized all his bones like water —Hugh Walpole
  23. Fear shot through me like a jolt of electricity —Sue Grafton
  24. Fear spread like a common chill —Paige Mitchell
See Also: SPREADING
  1. The fear [of death]… stood silent behind them like an inflexible and cold-eyed taskmaster —Joseph Conrad
  2. Fear stuck in his throat like a cotton hook —Charles Johnson
  3. Fear swelled like some terrible travail —Heinrich Böll
  4. Fear tangled his legs like a barricade —Harris Downey
  5. Fear tastes like a rusty knife —John Cheever
  6. Fear trills like an alarm bell you cannot shut off —John Updike
  7. Fear worked like yeast in my thoughts, and the fermentation brought to the surface, in great gobs of scum, the images of disaster —Evelyn Waugh
  8. Fear wrapped itself around his chest like a wide leather strap tightened by a maniac —François Camoin
  9. Feeling as if an ice pick had been plunged into his liver —Peter Benchley
  10. (I had) a feeling in my knees like a steering wheel with a shimmy —Rex Stout
  11. Feel like clammy fingers were poking at my very heart —Borden Deal
  12. Feel like a tight-rope walk high over hell —Kenneth Fearing
  13. Feels fear, like a water bubble in his throat —Jessie Schell
  14. Felt a chill … like swimming into a cold pocket in a lake —Tobias Wolff
  15. Felt a driblet of fear … like a glug of water backing up the momentarily opened drain and polluting the bath with a dead spider, three lice, a rat turd, and things he couldn’t stand to name or look at —Bernard Malamud
  16. Felt like a deer stepping out before the rifle of the hunter —Piers Anthony
  17. Felt like a nightmare that had yet to be dreamt —Stanislaw J. Lem
  18. Felt (the beginning of) panic, like a giant hand squeezing my heart —Frank Conroy
  19. Felt panicky, like he was in a bad dream where he did and said all the wrong things and couldn’t stop —Dan Wakefield
  20. Felt the chill of mortality … like a toddler gifted with some scraping edge of adult comprehension —Penelope Gilliatt
See Also: DEATH
  1. Felt the sick, oppressive crush of dread, like pinpoint ashes —Sylvia Berkman
  2. A foreboding, dusky and cold like the room, crept to her side —Hugh Walpole
  3. Frightened as Macbeth before the ghost of Banquo —Louis Veuillot
  4. Frightened as though he had suddenly found himself at the edge of a precipice —Honore dé Balzac
  5. Frightened … like a man who is told he has a mortal illness, yet can cure it by jumping off a fifty-foot cliff into the water. “No,” he says, “I’ll stay in bed. I’d rather die.” —Norman Mailer
  6. Frightening … like one of those films where ghostly hands suddenly reach in and switch off all the lights —Robert E. Sherwood
  7. Fright stabbed his stomach like a sliver of glass —Arthur Miller
  8. Full of dread and timidness as conscripts to a firing squad doing —Richard Ford
  9. Gives me the creeps … like petting snakes —Raymond Chandler
  10. Glances round him like a lamb at a convocation of wolves —T. Coraghessan Boyle
  11. (Mildred’s) heart leapt with relief like a bird in her breast —Noël Coward
  12. A hiss of terror, like air whistling out of a punctured tire —Cornell Woolrich
  13. Horror should rise up like a clot of blood in the throat —Dylan Thomas
  14. [A group of children] huddled in a corner … like so many wide-eyed, trembling mice —Gregory McDonald
  15. I carry a scared silence with me like my smell —W. D. Snodgrass
  16. I pretend that my right foot is like a bottle. I pour my fears down into the toes and cork the whole thing at the ankle, so none of my fears can escape into the rest of me —Dorothy B. Francis
  17. My heart begins to pound like a thief s with the police after him —Isaac Bashevis Singer
  18. My heart in my throat like a wad of sour grease —George Garrett
  19. Panic, like a rabbit in front of the dogs —Peter Meinke
  20. Panic rose as thick as honey in my throat —R. Wright Campbell
  21. Panic shook her … as awful as if she had been tottering on a cliff in a roaring wind —Belva Plain
  22. Panic that was like asphyxiation —Penelope Gilliatt
  23. Ran terror-stricken, as if death were pursuing me —Aharon Megged
  24. Scared as a piss ant —Anon
  25. Scared … like a rabbit that spies a dog —Shelby Hearon
  26. Shivered with fear like a thin dog in the cold —Stephen Vincent Benét
  27. Take fear for granted like a drunken uncle —George Garrett
  28. Terrifying, like a Samurai sword in motion —Robert Silverberg
  29. Terrifying … like fingers clamped upon your throat —Beryl Markham
  30. Terror ebbed like water from a basin —Julia O’Faolain
  31. Terror … filled me as the sound of an explosion would fill a room —Scott Spencer
  32. The terror inside him acted like radar —James Mitchell
  33. Terror [of some hard to accomplish task] mocked, like some distant mountain peak —John Fowles
  34. Terrors that brushed her like a curtain windblown against her back —Andre Dubus
  35. (They) trail their fear behind them like a heavy shadow —Heinrich
وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو وووووووووووووووووووووووو
قالوا عن الحرب
  1. The art of war is like the art of the courtesan; indeed, they might be called sisters, since both are the slaves of desperation —Pietro Aretino
  2. The beginning of war is like the first days of peace: neither the world nor our hearts know they are there —Jane Wagner
  3. Being a soldier [in war time] was like being on a team in a sport that drew no crowds, except for the players’ own parents and friends —Dan Wakefield
  4. Great warriors, like great earthquakes, are principally remembered for the mischief they have done —Christian Nestell Bovee
  5. Marrying in wartime is like sowing among thorns —Ignazio Silone See Also: MARRIAGE
  6. Success in war, like charity in religion, covers a multitude of sins —Lord Napier
  7. War is like an aging actress; more and more dangerous, and less and less photogenic —Robert Capa
  8. War will disappear, like the dinosaur, when changes in world conditions have destroyed its survival value —Robert A. Millikan
  9. Went to war with an air, as if they went to a ball —Stephen Vincent Benét
وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو وووووووووووو
قالوا عن الكراهية
  1. Dislike ran round the table like electricity —Penelope Gilliatt
  2. Exuded venom like a malicious old lady —Colette
  3. The greatest hatred, like the greatest virtue and the worst dogs, is silent —Jean Paul Richter
  4. Hate … flowed like electric syrup through her veins —Marge Piercy
  5. Hate is ptomaine, good-will is a panacea —Elbert Hubbard
  6. Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat —Harry Emerson Fosdick
  7. Hatred fills my mouth like spit —Margaret Atwood
  8. Hatred is a form of subjective involvement by which one is bound to the hated object —Lao Tzu
  9. Hatred like fire; it makes even light rubbish deadly —George Elliott
  10. Hatreds, like chickens, come home to roost —Joseph Shearing
  11. He’ll (a hated individual) be getting into your beer, like prussic acid; and blotting out your eyes, like a cataract; and screaming in your ears, like a brain tumor; and boiling around your heart, like melted lead; and ramping through your guts, like a cancer —Joyce Cary
  12. I hate you like all-fire —Truman Capote
  13. (Lady Charlotte would swallow back her hot feeling against Cynthia.) It [hate] was like a dark web within her, a fibrous tangle like the roots of plants in too small a pot —M. J. Farrell
  14. My hate is like ripe fruit —Marvin Bell
  15. The pleasure of hating, like a poisonous mineral, eats into the heart of religion and turns it to rankling spleen and bigotry —William Hazlitt
In his essay, The Pleasures of Hating, Hazlitt continues to describe the effects of hatred: “It makes patriotism an excuse for carrying fire, pestilence, and famine into other lands; it leaves to virtue nothing but the spirit of censoriousness.”
  1. Promiscuous haters get religion as promiscuous lovers get clap —Gerald Kersh
  2. Spite may often see as clearly as charity —Lawrence Durrell
وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو وووووووووووووووووووووو
قالوا عن الشجاعة
  1. Adventurous as a bee —William Wordsworth
  2. As brave as hell —Petronius
  3. As much backbone as an eel —American colloquialism
  4. As much backbone as cooked spaghetti —Harry Prince
  5. (There was) a tragic daring about her, like a moth dancing around a flame —Paige Mitchell
  6. (He died) bold as brass —George Parker
Common usage has seeded modern-day modifications such as “Bold as brass balls.”
  1. Bold as a dying saint —Elkanah Settle
  2. Bold as a lion —The Holy Bible/Proverbs
  3. Bold as an unhunted fawn —Percy Bysshe Shelley
  4. Bold as love —Edmond Gosse
  5. Bold as Paul in the presence of Agrippa —William Cowper
  6. Brave as a barrel full of bears —Ogden Nash
  7. Brave as a tiger in a rage —Ogden Nash
  8. Brave as winds that brave the sea —Algernon Charles Swinburne
  9. Courage is like a disobedient dog, once it starts running away it flies all the faster for your attempts to recall it —Katherine Mansfield
  10. Courage is like love; it must have hope to nourish it —Napoleon Bonaparte
  11. Courage, like cowardice, is undoubtedly contagious, but some persons are not liable to catch it —Archibald Prentice
  12. Courage, on nearly all occasions, inflicts as much of evil as it imparts of good —Walter Savage Landor
  13. Courageous as a poker player with a royal flush —Mike Sommer
  14. Courageous like firemen. The bell rings and they jump into their boots and go down the pole —Anon
  15. Daring as tickling a tiger —Anon
  16. Fend off pressure like a sharkhunter feeds off danger —Anon
  17. Gallant as a warrior —Beryl Markham
  18. Grew bold, like a general who is about to order an assault —Guy de Maupassant
  19. Have the gall of a shoplifter returning an item for a refund —W.I.E. Gates
  20. Indomitable as a lioness —Aharon Appelfeld
  21. A man without courage is like a knife without edge —Anon
  22. More guts than a gladiator —William Diehl
  23. Nothing so bold as a blind horse —Greek proverb
  24. Over-daring is as great a vice as over-fearing —Ben Jonson
  25. Show nerve of a burglar —Anon
  26. Stand my ground brave as a bear —American country ballad “If You Want to Go A-Courting”
  27. Valiant as a lion —William Shakespeare
This simile from Henry the Fourth has made lion comparisons part of our every day language. Another lion simile by the Bard is “Walked like one of the lions” from The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
  1. With all the courage of an escaped convict —Honoré de Balzac
  2. Valiant as Hercules —William Shakespeare
  3. (I’ve seen plenty of great big tough guys that was as) yellow and soft as a stick of butter —George Garrett
وووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووووو ووووووووووووووووووووو
  1. قالوا عن الحكمة والعلم والتعليمChewing over their combined worldly wisdom like so many puppies with a shoe —Mary Ladd Cavell
The wisdom in CavelPs story, The Rotifer, is being shared by three apartment mates.
  1. The heart of the wise man lies quiet like limpid water —Cameroonian proverb
  2. The heart of the wise, like a mirror, should reflect all objects, without being sullied —Confucius
  3. If a man is as wise as a serpent, he can afford to be as harmless as a dove —Josh Billings
This is an elaboration of “Harmless as a dove” which dates back to the Bible. In Billings’ phonetic dialect this reads, “Iz az wize az a serpent.”
  1. Insight as keen as frosty star —William Wordsworth
  2. A learned man is a tank; a wise man is a spring —William R. Alger
  3. String of wise jests … like gold links —Penelope Gilliatt
  4. To learn a person’s life … like learning a language, you must start with the little things, the little pictures —Susan Fromberg Schaeffer
  5. Wisdom and virtue are like two wheels of a cart —Japanese proverb See Also: VIRTUE
  6. Wisdom in a poor man is like a diamond set in lead —H. G. Bohn’s Handbook of Proverbs
  7. Wisdom is like fire: a little enlightens, much burns —Moses Ibn Ezra
  8. Wisdom is like gold ore, mixed with stones and dust —Moses Ibn Ezra
  9. Wisdom, like life itself, appeared to me to be comprised of continuing progress, of starting over again, of patience —Marguerite Yourcenar
  10. Wisdom, like perfume, rises out of its own essence —Norman Mailer
  11. Wisdom shook itself like a drop off a dog (and he lost it) —Cynthia Ozick
  12. Wise as a wisp —George Garrett
  13. Wise as heaven —Algernon Charles Swinburne

رد مع اقتباس
قديم 22-01-2011, 09:16 PM
رفيق محمد احمد رفيق محمد احمد غير متواجد حالياً
عضو مجتهد

تاريخ التسجيل: Mar 2009
المشاركات: 111
معدل تقييم المستوى: 16
رفيق محمد احمد is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

يااخى النبى (صلى الله عليه وسلم) عربى
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 24-01-2011, 05:35 AM
ابو بيشو ابو بيشو غير متواجد حالياً
مــٌــعلــم

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2009
المشاركات: 6,125
معدل تقييم المستوى: 22
ابو بيشو is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

ودا قسم اللغة الانجليزية ولا اية يا عمو ؟
رد مع اقتباس
قديم 23-12-2011, 12:46 PM
الصورة الرمزية mr tawfik joe
mr tawfik joe mr tawfik joe غير متواجد حالياً
عضو فعال

تاريخ التسجيل: Mar 2008
المشاركات: 288
معدل تقييم المستوى: 17
mr tawfik joe is on a distinguished road
افتراضي

great job
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

العلامات المرجعية

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا يمكنك اضافة مرفقات
لا يمكنك تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML معطلة

الانتقال السريع

جميع الأوقات بتوقيت GMT +2. الساعة الآن 09:15 PM.